Ceramic Pro is designed to protect your factory clear coat, to provide a protective shield against the elements and to keep your vehicle looking new, always. To maximize the effects of Ceramic Pro and to ensure your investment is long lasting, a few basic maintenance steps should be taken. With simple care, your coating will reward you for years to come.
- During the first 24 hours ensure any bird droppings, tree sap etc are wiped away immediately.
If you notice that your car gets bird droppings, tree sap etc. during the curing period immediately remove it following our care instructions.
Hand Washing is the best and safest method to ensure you get the best out of your ceramic coating.
Self Serve Car Wash
Select the high pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!), hand wash with a microfibre sponge or wash mitt, rinse the car off with the high pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
Automatic Car Wash
Avoid automatic car washes, these machines scrub the paint work with brushes and can cause excessive scratching and abrasion to the coating.
- For best results the car should be washed on a fortnightly basis to avoid excessive contamination build-up.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to avoid water spotting.
- Hose down thoroughly to remove any loose contamination.
- Always use a pH Neutral car wash shampoo.
- Reduce surface friction by using high quality microfibre wash mitts free of debris, never rub or scrub the paint.
- Always use a separate wash mitt or sponge for the wheels
- Work top down as heavy dirty and grime accumulates on the lower panels, rinse your wash mitt regularly to ensure dirt and grime is not being put back onto the paint.
- Avoid letting tap water dry on the surface, as this may cause water spotting.
- Always use a soft microfibre drying towel free of debris, never rub or scrub the paint.
- Avoid using leather or pva chamois.
A soft hand wash is the recommended method of cleaning your vehicle. Automatic car washes, diy brush washes or car wash cafes can cause damage to the coating due to abrasion.
Ceramic Pro Care is a great and easy to use product to maintain your coating after the vehicle has been washed, this will add additonal gloss and slickness to the paint work and boost the water beading effect.